Iron Mountain Strategic Portfolio Leader (remote) in Distrito Capital de Bogotá, Colombia
At Iron Mountain we protect what our customers value most, from the everyday to the extraordinary, while helping them bridge the physical and digital world. Our people have the opportunity to bring their creativity to a workplace that thrives on change. Here, you will be part of a team that doesn’t just embrace what’s exceptional. It creates exceptional.
Primary purpose of the role
The Strategic Portfolio Leader is responsible for managing a small team that is focused only on those accounts defined as “In-focus”, Strategic to that vertical or High Risk / complex customers.
The Strategic Portfolio leader will manage a small dedicated group of collectors, As well as have accounts assigned to them. With the goal of understanding all of the nuances for each customer, monitoring the Sub portfolio for performance to better resolve issues and drive on time collections. Some of your responsibilities would iclude setting up, implementing and monitoring new strategy, as designed by the VSL leader and the A2C operational teams. Oversight of the Strategic Portfolio teams operations to ensure operations are being performed as defined and processes followed, KPI’s are being tracked
and actioned upon when deterioration is identified, customers are being contacted in the most efficient and effective manner in order to address issues that are preventing payment.
Root Cause identification, tracking and solutioning, so the same issues do not recur for that customer. As well as working with any internal teams to drive resolution of issues that are preventing customers from paying. This includes, but is not limited to Identifying and tracking customers AP setup / processes, as well as identifying disputes and working with the disputes team to assist driving them to resolution in as short of time as possible.
This is a Total account Management approach to the Sub portfolio. This role will also include coaching for individuals under your management as well as provide inputs for performance evaluations.
In addition to this you will also share responsibilities with your VSD leader as
this position is the dedicated back up for the VSL when they are unavailable or on vacation.
This is a leadership role that will at times face off to senior business and finance leaders, commercial leaders as well as operations.
This role will be pivotal in supporting the interaction between their team members, key customers for the assigned vertical as well as interact with sales leaders and other internal departments to influence and help drive collections. This role is also required to hold “Cash Calls” with all stakeholders ( including but
not limited to Senior leadership) involved where performance will be reviewed ( KPI’s), issues will be discussed, assigned an “owner” and tracked against expected resolution time.
The Vertical Leader will be responsible day to day for managing, motivating and leading the team under them for the assigned Vertical Segment. Setting up a sense of empowerment in the pursuit of first class customer service delivery. This will include developing and monitoring strategies so that the delivery of cash collection is optimized and changes as our customers' behaviors change. Tightly managing daily operations of the team, requiring meticulous attention to details, holding team members accountable as well as the ability to accurately interpret key collection outcome drivers ( IE issues and root causes) and taking
appropriate action where necessary. The role will also be responsible for forecasting monthly PD outcomes, BDE projection for set verticals, setting targets for the sub portfolio and SP collectors under them, as well as developing and running projects to help active those targets.
You will also oversee KPI’s that are used to measure internal and external
performance on a daily, weekly and monthly time scale as well as set up and run post mortem review when key KPI’s are missed and developing a plan to meet targets from that point forward.
Key Relationships Focus:
● Agreement to Cash VP for North America (direct manager)
● Agreement to Cash Collection Leads in other Verticals
● Agreement to Cash Transformation Leads
● 3rd party providers
● NA Sales and Operational Directors
Skills (including languages):
● English fluency is required. (not optional)
● Track record of successfully driving performance and process improvement. Strong
business process definition and analysis skills.
● Understands the importance of cash within a business, and understands the components
that can drive improvement results in cash collection metrics to a targeted level.
● Ability to project manage, lead and work collaboratively in a matrixed environment with a
large number of stakeholders to deliver end to end continuous process improvement
● Flexibility and resilience to adapt to changing requirements and timeframes.
● Excellent written and oral communication skills and able to create impactful, concise and
easily understood presentations, and is able to effectively engage and influence senior
● Strong analysis, problem solving, proactive root cause analysis, customer interfacing and
conflict resolution skills.
● Ability to constructively challenge the status quo, identify improvement opportunities and
engage with all relevant parties to gain commitment, lead changes and ensure success. A
change agent that is passionate about speed and simplicity.
● Ability to set clear priorities and objectives for self and others and clarify ambiguities as
● Ability to assess risk with A2C processes and to implement appropriate controls to mitigate
● End to end process understanding of the and order-to-cash operating model, ideally with a
track record KPI improvements related to cash collections.
● Minimum 5 years relevant functional experience, ideally billing or collections (preferably
exposure to both);
● Experience working in a multinational environment in a matrix management structure.
● Six-Sigma, Lean Enterprise or Continuous Improvement experience is a plus, but not
● Experience and working knowledge of Oracle ERP systems, customer portals.
● Bad debt and customer behaviour modelling
● Remote team management, with ability to lead and motivate during ambiguity
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
Be part of an ever evolving global organization focused on transformation
Have a support system where you have a safe place to voice your opinion and share feedback
Open space to be creative, innovative and strategize for the future
Global connectivity to learn from 26,000+ teammates across 52 countries
Be part of a winning team who embrace diversity, inclusion, and our differences
Category: Finance (FI)
Iron Mountain is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit and hire applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor prohibited by law.
To view the Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law posters and the supplement, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, CLICK HERE